Shave or Spray at a Shopping Centre
When: Saturday, 26 February 2022
It’s our 19th Shavathon this year – come and celebrate with us – bring your family members, friends or colleagues along to shave or spray in solidarity with cancer Survivors. We’ll be hosting our annual event on Saturday, 26 February 2022, with all COVID-19 regulations in place. Certain venues may host an event on Sunday, 27 February 2022.
Stencils (subject to availability per venue) will add flair when you spray your hair and you can also show your support by making a hair donation which will be used to make wigs for cancer Survivors. Limited edition CANSA Headwear will be sold for R55 per item (while stock lasts).
Limited edition badges of honour will be given to those who make hair donations of 25 cm or longer.
Adults can shave or spray their head for a donation of R50 (or more) and children, under 12 years old, for R25. Most venues are equipped with the SnapScan payment option.. – the price has remained the same since the first Shavathon event was held!
Want to Help?
You can also volunteer in these ways to help make Shavathon a resounding success – see details here:
- At your local shopping centre’s Shavathon Event: assist with spraying, shaving, running errands, public registrations, etc
- Organise a Shavathon Event at your workplace, school or organisation or get a group of friends and family together and host an event at home!
- Raise funds by creating your own online fundraising project for Shavathon
- Upload your pics and videos to your Facebook, Twitter & Instagram accounts using the hashtag #CANSAShavathon
How Does It Work?
What Time will a Shavathon be held?
- A public Shavathon event, at a shopping centre, is usually open to the public from 09h00 to 15h00 (this may differ per venue – please check the event directory for details).
- It is advisable to arrive early to avoid disappointment.
What Happens After I’ve Made a Donation?
- After registration and making your donation, you will be asked to move to the area where your head will be shaved or sprayed. You can choose the length of your shave or the colours of your spray.
- Please take note that CANSA Shavathon will no longer do a ‘clean shave’ due to risk factors – the lowest number you can shave is a number 1.
- If you would like to donate your ponytail, our volunteers are equipped to accept your hair donations – they will snip it and package it for you! Please remember that your hair must be 25 cm or longer, clean & dry – treated or dyed hair may also be donated.
- The process could take between 15-60 minutes depending on the queue.